I love pumpkin all year long. These cookies are easy to make, and fun little mouth full of pumpkin.
Soft Pumpkin Cookies
Dairy & Egg Free
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup margarine (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup Pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tsp unsweetened almond milk (add more if too thick to drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and margarine in large bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, applesauce until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by small spoon size onto prepared baking sheets. Do not make too big or they will not cook through.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Drizzle Glaze over cookies.
- MAKE GLAZE Combine powdered sugar & unsweetened almond milk in a small bowl until smooth. I use a spoon and drizzle over top in a side to side motion. It's not perfect looking, but tastes yummy!