Crazy Carrot Cake
Dairy, Butter, & Egg Free
- 1 1/2 Cups flour + 3 Tablespoons (all-purpose)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 Cup finely grated peeled carrots
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 Cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line cupcake pan with liners or grease cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the first 8 dry ingredients and mix well.
- Next, add carrots, walnuts and golden raisins – blend well.
- Last, add the wet ingredients – vinegar, vanilla and oil, then pour the water over top – mix well. Pour in greased baking dish or 1/3 cup into each cupcake liner
- Bake on middle rack for 35 to 45 minutes for cake OR 20 to 25 minutes for cupcakes or until toothpick come out clean. Allow to cool and top below cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces plain almond cream cheese (I use Kite Hill, can be found at Meijer, Fresh Thyme, or Whole Foods)
- ¼ cup Crisco Shortening
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened original almond milk
- Combine all ingredients with blender until smooth.
|Dairy and Egg Free Pumpkin Scones|
|Crazy Chocolate Cake|