Dairy & Egg free
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold margarine, cut into small cubes (I put a stick of margarine in the freezer for 10 min or so)
- ½ cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- 3 tablespoons DF Sour cream ( I use Tofutti)
- 1/3 cup applesauce
1. Scones: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside (or you can use greased backing sheet)
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice. Using fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients. Use fingers to combine until the mixture is crumbly and similar texture to corn meal, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, cream, and applesauce. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mostly combined, (the mixture will seem dry), use your hands to knead the dough against the sides of the bowl, to ensure it is completely combined.
4. Pat the dough into a 7-inch circle. Cut the round of dough into 8 equal triangles. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until gold on bottom
5. Powdered Sugar Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tbsp almond milk until smooth. Drizzle onto scones once they are cooled