Freezer Shepherd’s Pie
O 9x13 Disposable casserole dish
O Aluminum foil or lid
O 1-1/2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, diced
O 3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
O 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
O salt and pepper
O 1 lb 95% lean ground beef or turkey
O 1 tsp oil
O 1 medium onion, diced
O 2 cloves garlic, diced
O 1 bag 12 oz frozen mixed vegetables
O 1 packet of beef gravy
O 2 cups water
O 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
O kosher salt and pepper
O Boil potatoes in a medium pot of salted water until cooked and soft. Drain and mash with chicken broth, sour cream, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, set aside.
- In a large sauté pan brown meat over medium high heat, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste.
- When cooked, set aside on a plate.
- Make gravy according to package.
- Add frozen vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, cooked meat and mix well to gravy..
- Spread the meat/vegetables on the bottom of casserole dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Top with Foil and Freeze
- Thaw 2 days in refrigerator
- Bake uncovered until potatoes are golden brown- 350 for about an hour. Remove from oven and let it cool 5 minutes before serving.