For more Tree Study Lesson Ideas see my specific lesson plans on Tree Unit Study, geared towards lower Elementary, K-3rd grade. Some of the books have specific links to lessons plans I have written for that book.
- The Tale of Three Trees: A Traditional Folktale by David C. Cook. This is beautiful Christian book that we read every year at Christmas and Easter. It is especially powerful at Easter, to go along with other Easter Family Devotional Activities.
- "The Inside Tree" by Linda Smith
- “I am Good at being Me’ by Renee Graef
- “The Friendship Tree” by Kathy Caple
- "Dirty Gert" by Tedd Arnold
- "Gus is a Tree" by Clare Babin
- "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein
- "The Family Tree" by David McPhail
- "The Birthday Tree" by Paul Fielshman
- "The Growing Up Tree" By Vera Rosenberry. Be aware this book does touch on the death of an old man as the tree his mother planted on the day of his birth is knocked down in a thunderstorm the same time he takes his last breath. Read it ahead of time to see if you feel comfortable reading it to your kids. It was brief moment of sadness, but a lovely lesson on how life goes on through our family & legacy (seedlings & grand kids).
- "Apple Pie Tree" by Zoe Hall
- "Spring Blossoms" by Carol Gerber
- “Winter Trees” by Leslie Evans
- "Our Apple Tree" by Gorel Kristina Naslund
- "Hooray for Spring" by Iwamura
- "Winter trees" by Leslie Evans
Science of Tree/Leaf Species
- "Tell Me Tree" by Gail Gibbons
- "The Big Tree" by Brice Hispock
- "What do Roots do?" By Kudlinksi
- "Tree is a Plant" by Clyde Bulla
- "Are trees Alive?" by Debbie Miller
Trees & Art
- “Picture a Tree” by Barbara Reid
- "Sky tree; Seeing Science through Art" by Thomas Locker.
Animals and Trees
- "This Tree Counts!" by Alison Formento
- “The Busy tree” by Jennifer Ward
Uses of Trees
- "We Planted a Tree" by Diane Muldrow
- "Balloon Trees"-by Danna Smith
- "From Maple Tree to Maple Syrup"