Preschool Home-school Community Helpers: Dairy FarmerThis baby calf was only 3 days old!
For the next part of our farmer's study we decided to visit a different type of farm where they don'T grow vegetables, but take care of cows that give us milk.
- Barn Sneeze
- From Calf to Cow (How Do They Grow?)
- One Tractor: A Counting Book
- Counting Cows
- Moo Moo, Brown Cow
- Moo, Moo Brown Cow! Have You Any Milk?
I googled Local Dairy Farm and found a small one only 15 minutes from our house! Miss Becky not only allowed us to visit, but she gave us a tour around their dairy farm! Just goes to show you it never hurts to ask and many people are happy to help homeschoolers!
Miss Becky's farm is a smaller farm but still uses all the technology the bigger dairy farms use. Batman had the most fun playing with the dozen kittens running all around the barn!
CIRCLE TIME DISCUSSION
- What is Dairy and what food is it in?- We followed this up with several fridge hunts and talks over meals about what we were eating.
- Making C in salt on tray
- Use Corn kernels (cow's food) to make letter C for Corn and cow
- Dot Markers for letter C
- Use latex gloves with holes to "milk" water, over our senory table
- Sensory table fill with corn kernels and Jumbo Farm Counters
- "Painting with milk"- white paper on black contruction paper
- Color, cut, glue, and label dairy farm elements onto our Community Helpers Map