My twins are in 4th grade, and we are on Creation to The Greeks in the MFW family cycle.
|The left 3 cubes are for school books & Bibles. My teacher binder is stored on top of shelf.|
|I store our student sheets by week in a hanging binder.|
OUR DAILY ROUTINE
We sit on our couch, or do experiments in the kitchen for most of the together time subjects. If one of these subjects has a notebook page, I send the boys to their desk to finish it, then it is stored in their History workbox.
- History Reading, Activities, & Note booking
- Science & experiments
- Root Words
|Cuneiform Writing in Sugar Cookie dough, |
during History Together Time
We use a 10-Drawer Organizer Cart for our workboxes. They have lasted for 3 years, and we love them. In years past, I have put a tag into each workbox to tell the boys what to do but this I wanted a more streamlined approach. We now have been using one daily agenda board (pictured below). They now function as storage for each child's notebooks & past work, and direction on the order in which they should do each subject.
Each child has their subjects in different order to allow one-on-one time with Mom during Math and Language Arts.
*Specific assignment is written on agenda white board
2. Root Words- We use a worksheet for derivative sentences, found in CttG facebook page file section.
3. English- Language Lessons for Today, Grade 4- Do with Mom
4. Art- Draw and Write Through History * We use this instead of recommended art of God and History, it allows more independent art time. Click link for printable schedule.
5. Spelling- Spelling By Sound and Structure Grade 4 * We choose this curriculum instead of because it is more independent work than suggested Spelling Power. There is also a TEN MINUTE BREAK card, usually in Box 5.
6. Writing- Writing Stands, Level 3*
7. Math-Math U See* -Do with Mom
8. Typing- We use Typing.com. Each boys does 3 to 5 screens a day.
9. Spanish- DuoLingo for now, but adding Rosetta Stone soon.
10. Piano- We use Hoffman Academy, if there is a video to watch, it is on the Agenda Board. I they have a music worksheet to do, it is in their box.
- Reading- Read for at least 20 minutes from Book Basket. My kids are book worms, so I don't have to remind them much to read, but I do check to make sure they are reading from Book Basket.
- Daily Chores-All chores must be done before screen time
- Read-Alouds are done as Bedtime story with Dad
You might be interested in my other Posts:
|First Day of School Scavenger Hunt|
Thank you for using affiliate links, you keep this site open at not extra cost to you!